The Fine Print
- If faculty are paid to develop course content, the University owns it.
- Otherwise, faculty retains copyright and all that entails as with a traditionally delivered course.
- As with any course, faculty must ensure they follow copyright law when posting materials they don't own online.
- Campus partners are available to assist faculty in clarifying what can and can't be posted online.
- Librarians at the UCSD Libraries are the topic experts. They can provide specific guidance on posting materials as well as obtain copyright clearance and post materials for you through the eReserves system .
- ACMS' Instructional Web Development Center can provide general guidance on materials you wish to post in Ted (campus Learning Management System) or on your departmental course website.