- Open the i>clicker application, select your course, and click Open Gradebook.
- Click Sync Roster.
- The learning management system window will open. Enter your username for Ted.
To get the Security Key for your class:
- Open your class in Ted
- Go to the Control Panel's Course Tools section
- Click the i>clicker Instructor Tools link (it will be the last tool listed)
- Click SSO Security Key
It will display your i>clicker key in a box that you can copy/paste into i>clicker. This helps ensure that if your laptop is stolen or compromised, your campus-wide password will not be disclosed.
- The courses you teach in Ted will be listed in a drop-down menu. Be sure to choose the correct class, and click Select.
After a minute or two you should see your roster appear in the Gradebook. If the roster does not appear, you may need to perform the Sync Roster operation a second time.
After downloading your roster, you should sync the class roster periodically so dropped students are removed from the student list and students who register their clickers late can be credited for their responses.
Step 4: Upload scores
ACMS recommends regularly uploading student scores to Ted. This will help alert students if there is some problem with their clicker registration or performance.
NOTE: Keep in mind that the only place your polling results are automatically saved is on the computer you use in class, so we recommend you upload the scores to Ted often, or backup the Classes folder in your i>clicker folder on a regular basis.
When you upload your scores to Ted, it will create one or two columns, depending on how you export participation and performance points, for each session that you see in i>clicker.
- Open i>clicker, select your class, and click Open Gradebook.
- Click Sync Scores. If you told i>clicker not to remember your Ted credentials when you synced your roster, you will need to enter them now. (See Step 3: above)
- i>clicker will ask you which sessions to export. Select the desired sessions then click Next.
- i>clicker will ask you to customize how the data is sent to Ted. After making your selections, click Upload. After uploading, i>clicker will let you know the data transfer was successful.