- Open the i>clicker application, select your course, and click Choose.
- Click My Settings in the lower-right corner of the i>clicker application.
- Select the LMS/Reg tab. Under Learning Managemtn System, select Blackboard, then select Version 8 (and above).
- Click Set For Course at the bottom of the window, and close the i>clicker program.
Open the i>grader application and choose your class. The first time you do, it will warn you Blackboard Roster not found and ask if you would like to download the roster. Click Download Roster, and skip the first three steps below.
- Open the i>grader application, select your course, and click Open i>grader.
- In the bottom-right corner of the window, click Sync....
- The first time you click Sync..., you will see a message asking if you would like to Confirm Roster Sync Option, and describing the process. Click Yes.
- i>grader will ask you to Log in to your Course Management System. Use the same username as in Ted.
To get the Security Key, in Ted, from any class:
- Open your class in Ted
- Go to the Control Panel's Course Tools section
- Click the i>clicker Instructor Tools link (it will be the last tool listed)
- Click SSO Security Key.
It will display your i>clicker key in a box that you can copy/paste into i>grader. This helps ensure that if your laptop is stolen or compromised, your campus-wide password will not be disclosed.
- The courses you teach in Ted will be listed in a drop-down menu. Be sure to choose the relevant class, and click Import.
i>grader should then inform you that you have successfully downloaded your roster. Click Exit and then quit and restart i>grader to view the students and clicker registrations you imported.
Any updates to the roster and registered clickers will not be visible until you quit i>grader and re-open it. (Note that the 'Restart i>Grader' button is a prompt for you to do so yourself.)
After downloading your roster, you should sync the class roster periodically, so that dropped students are removed from the student list and students who register their clickers late can be credited for their responses.
ACMS recommends periodically uploading student scores to Ted. This will help alert students if there is some problem with their clicker registration or performance.
When you upload your scores to Ted, it will create a new grade column for each session that you see in i>grader.
- Export your i>clicker scores to a spreadsheet:
- Open i>grader and select your class
- Click the button.
- i>grader will ask you which sessions to export. Click the Select All button, and click Export.
- i>grader will confirm that the grades were exported, and ask if you would like to "Upload your campus score data now?" Click Yes.
- i>grader will then try to connect to Ted to upload your exported grades:
- Enter your Ted username and password, and click Login
- Select your course
- Click Export