Adium for Mac
Make sure you've downloaded and installed Adium.
Adding an Account
Launch Adium and click File > Add Account > XMPP
In the Account
tab, enter in your Jabber ID
: (YourUsername)@chat.ucsd.edu . You will be using your AD username and password.
- Leave the option Connect when Adium opens checked.
On the Personal
tab, enter your Alias
- On the Options tab, fill in the following fields.
- Connect Server should be chat.ucsd.edu
- Resource should be Adium
- Port should be 5223
- Check Allow Plaintext Authentication, Force old-style SSL, and Do strict certificate checks
- Uncheck Require SSL/TLS
- Once you're done, click Save.
, then Available
Adding Contacts (Buddies)
To add a buddy, click on Contact
, then click on Add Contact
In the Add Contact
dialog enter the Jabber ID
of your contact and their Alias
. Once finished, click Add
and they will appear in your contact list.