PSI for Mac
Make sure you've downloaded and installed Psi from www.psi-im.org
Adding an Account to PSI
The first time you run Psi, you will receive the following message. Select "Use existing account."
In the Account
tab, enter in your Jabber ID
. It will be (YourUsername)@chat.ucsd.edu . You will be using your AD username and password.
- You may optionally have Psi automatically connect on startup or reconnect if disconnected or waking from sleep
- Leave message history unchecked, since chat.ucsd.edu doesn't log conversations
On the Connection
tab, make sure the following boxes are checked.
- Check Send "Keep-alive" packets (to prevent timeouts)
- Check Manually Specify Server Host/Port:
- Fill in the fields. Host: chat.ucsd.edu Port: 5223
- Select Legacy SSL
- Select Allow plaintext authentication (Over encrypted connection)
Once you're done, click Save
, then Online
Adding Contacts (Buddies)
To add a buddy, click on General
, then click on Add a Contact
In the Add User
dialog enter the Jabber ID
of your contact and their Nickname. Once finished, click Add
and they will appear in your contact list.