PSI for Windows
Make sure you have downloaded and installed Psi from www.psi-im.org
Adding an Account to Psi
The first time you run Psi, you will receive the following message. Select "Use existing account."
In the Account tab, enter in your Jabber ID. It will be (YourUsername)@chat.ucsd.edu . You will be using your AD username and password.
- You may optionally have Psi automatically connect on startup or reconnect if disconnected or waking from sleep
- Leave message history unchecked, since chat.ucsd.edu doesn't log conversations
On the Connection
tab, make sure the following boxes are checked.
- Check Send "Keep-alive" packets (to prevent timeouts)
- Check Manually Specify Server Host/Port:
- Fill in the fields. Host: chat.ucsd.edu Port: 5223
- Select Legacy SSL
- Select Allow Plaintext Login (Over encrypted connection)
Once you're done, click Save.
, then Online
Adding Contacts (Buddies)
To add a buddy, click on the PSI icon
, then click on Add a Contact
In the Add User
dialog enter the XMPP Address
(Jabber ID) of your contact and their Nickname. Once finished, click Add
and they will appear in your contact list.