Desktop Support Services
ACMS Desktop Support offers Faculty and Staff a variety of fee-based Onsite IT services for software-related problems and a 2nd tier support for connectivity issues relating to email and network access. We support most Windows and Apple OS versions including business applications. Our coverage extends from Campus to SIO, Medical Centers, and any UCSD-Affiliated locations.
In order to request assistance, please click the request button below, be prepared to provide a UCSD Budget Number, Location, Contact Information, and a detailed description of the problem. Our response time is usually within 24 hours (Monday-Friday, excluding holidays) and onsite appointments are generally set within 1-3 days.
For general questions, please send email to email@example.com. We will respond within 24 hours.
- Connect new server to campus AD network or Stand Alone
- Setup File Sharing/Web/Print services
- Create user accounts or connect to AD accounts
- Migrate from local network environment to Campus AD Network
- Manage/Monitor resources locally or remotely
- Create/Implement Backup schemes
- Configure computers to access Campus and Department resources
- Install/Setup business, educational, & security apps
- Setup remote access to local office resources
- Upgrade systems (OS/hard drive/memory)
- Migrate data & settings from existing computer to new computer
- Install/Setup new, or existing, printer to individual or share with office
- Configure Firewall settings (network or local)
- Install/Setup Virus Protection, Anti-Theft apps, & Anti-Theft devices
- Clean virus infected machines
- Restrict File Access to computer or server shares
Our rates are $75 per hour portal-to-portal for campus. For off-campus appointments a travel fee is added.
Requests will be taken on an "first-come, first-serve" basis. Scheduled appointments will be done onsite (we do not accept walk-in appointments).