- Desktop Support is available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. excluding University holidays.
- Appointments scheduled in the order requests are received. Repeat visits will be given the same priority as new jobs. Appointments are subject to the availability of Desktop Support staff.
- Labor fees based on an industry standard portal-to-portal basis for on-campus service calls. This means your charge will include the time it takes Desktop Support staff to travel to and from your location. Off-campus services (Scripps Institute of Oceanogrpahy, Hillcrest, TPC, and the Medical Center, etc.) will incur an additional travel charge.
- Desktop Support reserves the right to decline any job if it falls outside the scope of our services.
- Customer fees will also include time spent on follow-up telephone consulting.
- Follow-up (return) visits or phone calls will be billed according to normal labor rates.
- Desktop Support assumes no responsibility for equipment breakage or loss of data or damage to custom hardware and/or software (data acquisition or processing hardware or software). Please refer to the manufacturer’s technical support. in these cases.
- Proof of license may be required for commercial software installation and troubleshooting. Our staff may suggest that a licensing fee be paid but this will not be required prior to installation.
- We only service vendor supported hardware/hardware, hardware/software, and software/software combinations.
- We only support configurations that comply with UC San Diego's Network Security Minimum Standards, including jobs to bring devices into compliance (upgrades).
ACMS/Computer Repair & Installation (CRI)
- Apple Computer repair and upgrades
ACMS/Instructional Technology Support (ITS)
- Website design and maintenance
- Website hosting
- Dynamic application programming (database-driven web pages)
- Programming for custom database and software applications