UCSD Student Software Resources
Some special software may be installed in ACMS managed computer labs for Student course work.
For enrolled students, ACMS has special agreements with Adobe and Microsoft for software on disk and it is distributed via the UCSD bookstore.
Other instructional support software is licensed and distributed as described below. Some software is also available for faculty & staff where noted.
- Adobe CLP Student licensing - Some of the ACMS Contractual Licensing Program titles are available to students via our agreement distributed via UCSD bookstore. (Students only)
- Autodesk architecture, design, civil engineering, manufacturing, gaming and animation students - UCSD is a registered part of http://students.autodesk.com There you can download free* student editions of some Autodesk software as well as participate in the community there.
- Free student versions of ArcGIS Desktop at the ArcInfo functionality level - contact the UCSD GIS Librarian for this adjunct to the UCSD campus GIS software License for personal learning on non UCSD owned computers.
- Microsoft Development software: As a member of the Dreamspark Initiative, UCSD students can download development software such as Visual Studio, Windows Server, and SQL Server for free. UCSD-specific instructions are posted on the ACMS Blog.
- Microsoft Ultimate Steal offers Microsoft Office Ultimate to registered students at a highly discounted price
- A highly discounted Microsoft Windows version 7 Home Premium or Professional, for registered students only, joins the "ultimate steal" Microsoft Office deal. UCSD students can get these by using your campus authentication (Email address). Note that you must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit, and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.
- Microsoft "Student Select" licenses at the UCSD Bookstore - Office & windows (Students faculty & Staff).
- SSH, secure software to replace Telnet for PCs and Macs. (Students faculty & Staff)
- SAS/JMP -(Students)
- SAS (Annual rental via department distribution - Windows)
- SolidWorks or SolidWorks with COSMOS for Faculty and Students (2 years use)
- Self-Service Software Page for other software
- UCSD Bookstore for other software like EndNote