ACMS Virtual Computing Labs: Mac OS X
- Click here to download the VMWare View Client installer.
- The installer will download onto either the desktop or the "Downloads" folder, depending on where you told your browser to download files to
- Once the dowload has completed, double-click on the VMWare-viewclient.dmg file.
- Click on agree to the EULA, and a window will pop up.
- Drag the "VMWare View Client" icon to the "Applications" folder. Once the system has finished copying the file, double click on the "Applications" folder.
- In your "Applications" folder, double click on the "VMWare View Client" icon.
- Click on "Add Server".
- It will now ask you to "Enter the name of the View Connection Server", type in: virtuallab.ucsd.edu and then click "Continue".
- In the next VMware View Client window, it will ask for "User Name:",
- "Password:" and "Domain:". Type in your UC San Diego username and password.
- Make sure the "Domain:" is set to "AD". Click "Continue"
- In the next VMware View Client window, you will see a list of ACMS Virtual Lab computers that you have access to.
- Double click on the appropriate computer icon for the ACMS Virtual Lab computer you wish to use.
- You will be connected to your virtual desktop. To resize the window either drag the bottom right of the screen or select zoom from the menu bar (menu bar>Window>Zoom)
- When you are done using the ACMS Virtual Lab computer click on the disconnect or log off button on the upper left hand corner of the window.
Be sure to save any important files you wish to keep inside your "Documents" folder (AKA the "H:/" drive).
Any files left behind on the background desktop of the ACMS Virtual Lab comuter or outside of your Documents folder may be lost and deleted.
If you lose a file, please contact the ACMS Help Desk
and we'll do our best to recover it.