ACMS Virtual Computing Labs: Mac OS X
- Click here to download the VMWare View Client installer.
- The installer will download onto either the desktop or the "Downloads" folder, depending on where you told your browser to download files to
- Once the dowload has completed, double-click on the VMWare-viewclient.dmg file.
- Click on agree to the EULA, and a window will pop up.
- Drag the "VMWare View Client" icon to the "Applications" folder. Once the system has finished copying the file, double click on the "Applications" folder.
- In your "Applications" folder, double click on the "VMWare View Client" icon.
- Click on "Add Server".
- It will now ask you to "Enter the name of the View Connection Server", type in: virtuallab.ucsd.edu and then click "Continue".
- In the next VMware View Client window, it will ask for "User Name:",
- "Password:" and "Domain:". Type in your UCSD username and password.
- Make sure the "Domain:" is set to "AD". Click "Continue"
- In the next VMware View Client window, you will see a list of ACMS Virtual Lab computers that you have access to.
- Double click on the appropriate computer icon for the ACMS Virtual Lab computer you wish to use.
- You will be connected to your virtual desktop. To resize the window either drag the bottom right of the screen or select zoom from the menu bar (menu bar>Window>Zoom)
- When you are done using the ACMS Virtual Lab computer click on the disconnect or log off button on the upper left hand corner of the window.
NOTE: Be sure to save any important files you wish to keep inside you "Documents" folder (AKA the "H:/" drive). Any files left behind on the background desktop of the ACMS Virtual Lab comuter or outside of your Documents folder may be lost and deleted.
If you lose a file, please contact the ACMS Help Desk and we'll do our best to recover it.