Choosing an E-Mail Program
Options for reading your UCSD email:
- ACS Webmail
- Stand alone email programs
- Unix email programs
Each of these methods are described below:
- ACS Webmail (Recommended)
ACS Webmail is the simplest way to read your UCSD email.
- Easy to use: Similar to other popular web based email services. You can start reading your email right away without the hassle of setting up email programs.
- Convenient: You can read your email from any computer with internet access and a web browser.
- Stand Alone Email Programs
Stand alone email programs like Eudora and Outlook run on your own computer and can offer additional features compared to ACS-Webmail. They require some configuration before you can use them.
- Unix Email Programs
Pine and Mutt are unix email programs installed on all ACMS servers. Experience with Telnet or SSH and the Unix shell are prerequisites.
- SSH: Available on all ACMS computers. Information about running SSH software on ACMS computers or downloading SSH software for your home computer: ACMS SSH.
- Pine: Once you've logged onto the server, type "pine". For more information see Getting Started with Email using Pine.