Time Warner Cable TV Information
UC San Diego has partnered with Time Warner Cable to provide cable TV service for on-campus students (does not include Coast Apartments). Basic Cable TV service will be available in each common room without additional fees. ResNet will be providing support for students using the Basic Cable TV service. Premium Cable TV service will be offered for students interested in receiving more channels and features.
View the list of channels available, or download the Channel Line-Up List [PDF].
Basic Cable TV is ready to be used in your room, all you need is:
If you have problems setting up your TV, please see our troubleshooting section below or contact ResNet.
To purchase Premium Cable TV or for support, please contact Time Warner Cable at 866-202-4222. You will need to give them your UC San Diego mailing address (9450 Gilman Drive) with your postal box number.
Premium Cable TV offers more channels and offers additional features such as:
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR): Record your favorite movies, shows and series to watch anytime you want.
- On Demand: Watch movies, sports and your favorite shows on your own schedule. On Demand also gives you instant access to original series, specials and exclusive extras fro channels such as Primetime On Demand
- Start Over: Restart your favorite TV show if you missed the first few minutes
- Live Events: Receive sports, music and other special live events in HD
- International Premiums: Get access to TV Japan, SET Asia, GMA Pinoy, GMA Life, The Filipino Channel, Zee TV or SBTN.
I get a snowy picture, there are lines through the picture, or double images. Or the screen is black or blue.
- Check your power connection and make sure both ends are plugged in securely
- Make sure the coax cable for the cable is secure on both ends and if possible, bypass signal splitter
- Verify that the TV is on the correct input and channel (2, 3, or 4)
I'm missing channels that are listed available on the UCSD Channel Line-Up list.
- Verify that the TV is on the proper input (not on Air or Antenna mode)
- Cycle through the inputs
- Perform a channel scan
- Channels 65 and 70 are not available in the Marshall Lowers and Residence Halls and Muir Tioga.
- Some channels require a QAM tuner. Most US TVs sold after 2006 include a QAM tuner.
I have my own TiVo or personal DVR. How do I use it with Time Warner Cable?
- You will still be able to record most analog channels with your TiVo or DVR.
- However, some channels may require a CableCARD and Tuning Adapter.