Time Warner Cable TV Information
Important Information Regarding TV Service
While the information below is currently accurate, changes to the TV service may occur later this calendar year. This page will be updated accordingly as new information becomes available.
Housing, Dining, and Hospitality has partnered with Time Warner Cable to provide cable TV service for on-campus students (does not include Coast Apartments). Basic Cable TV service will be available in each common room without additional fees. ResNet provides support for students using the Basic Cable TV service.
View the list of channels available here.
In order to use this service, you will need:
- A TV (digital-TV converter box is not necessary on campus unless you want to receive HD channels).
- A coax cable
If you have problems with cable service, please see our troubleshooting section below or contact ResNet.
I get a snowy picture, there are lines through the picture, or double images.
- Check your power connection and make sure both ends are plugged in securely
- Make sure the coax cable for the cable is secure on both ends.
- Verify that the TV is on the correct input and channel (2, 3, or 4)
I'm missing channels that are listed available on the UCSD Channel Line-Up list.
- Verify that the TV is on the proper input
- Cycle through the inputs
- Perform a channel scan
- Channels 65 and 70 are not available in the Marshall Lowers and Residence Halls and Muir Tioga.
- Some channels require a QAM tuner. Most US TVs sold after 2006 include a QAM tuner.
I have my own TiVo or personal DVR. How do I use it with Time Warner Cable?
- You will still be able to record most analog channels with your TiVo or DVR.