- Open the iClicker appliation, select your course, and click Choose.
- Click Settings in the lower-right corner of the iClicker application
- Select the Registration and Export tab
- In the CMS/Registration section, under the Course management system list, select Blackboard Version 8 and above
- Click Set For Course at the bottom of the window
IClicker will warn you that To integrate i>clicker with your Blackboard Version 8 and above system, you must download your Blackboard Version 8 and above gradebook and place a copy in .... You will do this in Step 4 below.
Open the iGrader application. The first time you do so, it will warn you Blackboard Roster not found, and ask if you would like to download the roster. Click Yes, and skip the first three steps below.
You should download the class roster periodically, so that dropped students are removed from the student list and students who register their clickers late can be credited for their responses.
- Open the iGrader appliation, select your course, and click Open iGrader.
- In the bottom-right corner of the window, click Sync....
- The first time you click Sync..., you will see a message asking if you would like to Confirm Roster Sync Option, and describing the process. Click Yes.
- iGrader will ask you to Log in to your Course Management System. Use the same username as in Ted.
To get the Security Key, in Ted, from any class:
- Go to the Control Panel's Course Tools section
- Click the i>clicker link - it will be the last too listed
- Click SSO Security Key.
It will display your iClicker key in a box that you can copy/paste into iGrader. This helps ensure that if your laptop is stolen or compromised, your campus-wide password will not be disclosed.
- The courses you teach in Ted will be listed in a drop-down menu. Select the relevant class, and click Import.
iGrader should then inform you that you have successfully downloaded your roster. Click Exit, and then quit and restart iGrader to view the students and clicker registrations you imported.
You can update the roster and student clicker registrations at any time using the same steps.
Any updates to the roster and registered clickers will not be visible until you quit iGrader and re-open it. (Note that the 'Restart i>Grader' button is a prompt for you to do so yourself.)
You should periodically upload student scores to Ted. This will help alert students if there is some problem with their clicker registration or performance.
When you upload your scores to Ted, it will create a new grade column for each session each column that you see in iGrader.
- Export your iClicker scores to a spreadsheet:
- Open iGrader and select your class
- Click the button.
- iGrader will ask you which sessions to export. Click the Select All button, and click Export.
- iGrader will confirm that the grades were exported, and ask if you would like to "Upload your campus score data now?" Click Yes.
- iClicker will then try to connect to Ted to upload your exported grades:
- Enter your Ted username and password, and click Login
- Select your course
- Click Export